This song makes me feel so happy today:

· Premium Member
1,829 Posts
1. Grieg: Wedding day at Trolhaugen
2. Adams: Short Ride in a Fast Machine
3. Haydn: Trumpet Concerto
4. Holst: The Planets: Jupiter, Bringer of Jollity
5. Maxwell Davies: An Orkney Wedding, With Sunrise
6. Rossini: Overture to La Gazza Ladra (Thieving Magpie)
7. Beethoven: Symphony No. 6
8. Prokofiev: Symphony No. 1
9. Strauss, J. (II): The Blue Danube Waltz
10. Copland: Rodeo: *** Down

G

·
As a bit of a disappointing prospect that took a bit of a detour in early adulthood, I'll be simply ecstatic when I finally hear that little Elgar march play for me.

Until then, it's just Elgar.

· Registered
23,985 Posts
For those of us whose happiness is connected to chemical stimulation, perhaps Bach's Coffee cantata would be appropriate.

I don't ordinarily like happy music; I can't believe it. I was a grumpy old man before I hit adolescence.

But the playful part of Smetana's Moldau is ok with me. As long as it's not too sunny outside.

· Registered
4,977 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 · (Edited)
Happiness? What's that?
Happiness is vacuuming the entire place clean. What else are you going to do when it's foggy all day long? ;) I didn't hear any music until around suppertime, though, but I'm making up for it.

There is so much happiness music! Aside from Ode to Joy, which I knew would get the playlist started ;) I think these are very happy:

Ligeti Piano Concerto
Prokofiev Piano Concerto 2
Bartók Rhapsodies 1 & 2

· Premium Member
14,065 Posts
I'm sobering up after an uncharacteristically heavy session on the ale. I'm now listening to Shostakovich's Viola Sonata just to remind me what a lucky fellow I am.

Reactions: TurnaboutVox
1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.