Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
894 Posts
20 Points Max per Entry - 5 Points Max per Composer - Game ends with the first composer to reach the 200 points mark

Jean-Philippe Rameau - 10 (+5)
Shulamit Ran - 0
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 6
Maurice Ravel - 12

Max Reger - 5
Anton Reicha - 0
Ottorino Respighi - 5
Franz Xaver Richter - 0

Ferdinand Ries - 0
Wolfgang Rihm - 4
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 2
Cipriano de Rore - 0

Gioachino Rossini - 2
Kaija Saariaho - 16 (+5)
Camille Saint-Saëns - 7
Domenico Scarlatti - 5

Franz Schmidt - 2
Alfred Schnittke - 11 (+5)
Arnold Schönberg - 21 (+5)
Franz Schubert - 12

20 Points Max per Entry - 5 Points Max per Composer - Game ends with the first composer to reach the 200 points mark

·
Registered
894 Posts
In theory, yes... In reality, if I see two votes one right after another and I can't immediately identify the time zone of the player and measure it against CST, I'm going to put the second one on "hold", deduct the points, and request that the player provide their location and the time that the two entries were played. The forum does not provide accurate time stamps for posts and too many players have their locations hidden thus making it next to impossible for me to tell when a vote was cast. When the player responds to my request for information with a satisfactory response, I'll add the declined points back immediately.

I realize just how draconian this sounds but I had a player who objected to what he perceived was an unfair advantage that the European-based players somehow had in determining who the "winners" would be because they were six or seven hours ahead and so he decided to change his location in "Settings" to make it appear as if he himself was in the UK - He would then vote - and change his location back to the US so that he could vote again several hours later - and then change it back again to the UK - Vote again and then change his location back to the US and vote again - giving him 3 votes within a 24 hour time frame and 4 votes in two calendar days as measured from his actual location.

If I can tell where you're at and what time it is, it won't be an issue and both boards will be counted. If I can't, then the second one is held off until the requested information is received.
Oh, ok. I can imagine, how tiresome it must be to manage these games sometimes. The thing is, I sometimes vote around midnight and when I cast my first vote it's quite natural that the situation with two consecutive posts can happen (especially if you start your new post in the evening in my timezone - I live currently in Taiwan). Would it help If I provide the exact time of my timezone in every one of these two posts?

·
Registered
894 Posts
I voted before midnight in my last post and now is 14:28 in my timezone.

Jean-Philippe Rameau - 16 (+5)
Shulamit Ran - 0
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 15
Maurice Ravel - 34

Max Reger - 20
Anton Reicha - 0
Ottorino Respighi - 36
Franz Xaver Richter - 0

Ferdinand Ries - 0
Wolfgang Rihm - 4
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 28
Cipriano de Rore - 0

Gioachino Rossini - 6
Kaija Saariaho - 26 (+5)
Camille Saint-Saëns - 31
Domenico Scarlatti - 8

Franz Schmidt - 36
Alfred Schnittke - 21 (+5)
Arnold Schönberg - 31 (+5)
Franz Schubert - 46

·
Registered
894 Posts

Franz Schubert - 70
Maurice Ravel - 55
Arnold Schönberg - 65 (+5)
Camille Saint-Saëns - 50

Ottorino Respighi - 46
Franz Schmidt - 46
Kaija Saariaho - 45 (+5)
Alfred Schnittke - 40 (+5)

Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 35
Max Reger - 35
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 27
Jean-Philippe Rameau - 16

Domenico Scarlatti - 8
Gioachino Rossini - 11
Wolfgang Rihm - 4
Shulamit Ran - 0

Anton Reicha - 0
Franz Xaver Richter - 0
Ferdinand Ries - 0
Cipriano de Rore - 5 (+5)

·
Registered
894 Posts

Franz Schubert - 105
Arnold Schönberg - 100 (+5)
Maurice Ravel - 80
Ottorino Respighi - 71

Franz Schmidt - 71
Kaija Saariaho - 70 (+5)
Max Reger - 65
Camille Saint-Saëns - 55

Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 60
Alfred Schnittke - 60 (+5)
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 32
Jean-Philippe Rameau - 26

Domenico Scarlatti - 18
Gioachino Rossini - 11
Wolfgang Rihm - 4
Shulamit Ran - 0

Anton Reicha - 0
Franz Xaver Richter - 0
Ferdinand Ries - 0
Cipriano de Rore - 10 (+5)

·
Registered
894 Posts

Franz Schubert - 125
Arnold Schönberg - 110 (+5)
Maurice Ravel - 95
Franz Schmidt - 86

Kaija Saariaho - 90 (+5)
Ottorino Respighi - 81
Max Reger - 75
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 65

Alfred Schnittke - 70 (+5)
Camille Saint-Saëns - 55
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 32
Jean-Philippe Rameau - 26

Domenico Scarlatti - 18
Gioachino Rossini - 11
Cipriano de Rore - 15 (+5)
Wolfgang Rihm - 4

Shulamit Ran - 0
Anton Reicha - 0
Franz Xaver Richter - 0
Ferdinand Ries - 0

·
Registered
894 Posts

Franz Schubert - 189
Arnold Schönberg - 155 (+5)
Maurice Ravel - 138
Franz Schmidt - 116

Kaija Saariaho - 120 (+5)
Ottorino Respighi - 113
Max Reger - 105
Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov - 98

Camille Saint-Saëns - 92
Alfred Schnittke - 100 (+5)
Einojuhani Rautavaara - 42
Jean-Philippe Rameau - 27

Domenico Scarlatti - 21
Gioachino Rossini - 18
Cipriano de Rore - 20 (+5)
Wolfgang Rihm - 4

Shulamit Ran - 0
Anton Reicha - 0
Franz Xaver Richter - 0
Ferdinand Ries - 0

·
Registered
894 Posts
I quite surprised by the results here: Mostly that Rimsky-Korsakov and Saint-Saëns were eclipsed by Saariaho and Schmidt.

I'm also surprised that Reger and Schnittke did so well.
Schnittke is a giant of 20th-century music and is infuriating that he's been beaten by composers like Respighi and (especially) Schmidt.

Not to mention that Rameau (!) finished with only 29 points.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts