Classical Music Forum banner
61 - 80 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Levanter, a great new band of Eric Vloeimans (trumpet), Kinan Azmeh (clarinet) and Jeroen van Vliet (piano) playing the first concert of 33 in The Netherlands. The official cd-release is in a few days but I've got it tonight (with signatures).

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Tonight: a jazz quartet comprised of Ray Anderson (trombone, 5 times winner of the Downbeat poll) - Paul van Kemenade (sax) - Ernst Glerum (bass) - Han Bennink (drums).

Four giants. Superb jazz.

·
Registered
3,108 Posts
Well I do. Live is best.

Tonight I heard Chris Potter Underground, first tour since 2015. It was the second concert of the tour and they'll be touring for a few months through Europe and the USA. Check his website. I'd advice you to go there. It's the best kind of progressive jazz.

·
Registered
5,894 Posts
King Crimson (septet) live a couple of years ago. Same personnel as in this video. They played this tune:

Reactions: perempe
G

·
Well I do. Live is best.

Tonight I heard Chris Potter Underground, first tour since 2015. It was the second concert of the tour and they'll be touring for a few months through Europe and the USA. Check his website. I'd advice you to go there. It's the best kind of progressive jazz.
Nothing in my part of the world currently. :(

I see he's with Dave Holland, a blast from my (jazz) past...

·
Registered
864 Posts
Discussion Starter · #75 · (Edited)
Pál István Szalonna és bandája in a free concert next to St Ann's Chapel (Abasár). I had to walk about 2 kilometers with the ascent of 150 meters from the bus stop to get there. (they played after László Fassang and Balázs Szokolay.) last time I saw them they played about 40 minutes before Kodály's Székelyfonó in the Opera House. this time there was no dulcimer, which disappointed me a bit. in August they will perform with Hugarian RSO in Vigadó, and I already have a ticket.
Plant Green Tartan Tree Botany

·
Registered
2,607 Posts
There are a ton of concerts that have been announced for the second half of 2021 and beyond as artists are eager to get back to touring. Has anyone gotten some great tickets or seen any shows recently?

·
Registered
4,299 Posts
Last night, we went to see The Musical Box. They're a Genesis tribute band. They performed the entire album The Lamb Lies Down on Broadway, cover to cover, note for note. It was a lot of fun, and they sounded great. And they had all the costume changes, lighting, and image projections. Two encores were played: The Musical Box and Watcher in the Skies. I recommend it, though be warned, it's not actually Genesis. It was an entertaining evening.

The composition of the audience was interesting. Now keep in mind that this is merely an observation, there is no commentary. I live in a very multicultural city and the audience did not reflect this at all, as the audience was almost exclusively old white men, with lots of long grey hair (like me).

61 - 80 of 84 Posts