Classical Music Forum banner
81 - 84 of 84 Posts

·
Registered
15,446 Posts
Haven't been to a concert since the pandemic began. But I just bought tickets for two shows this summer. The Zappa Band, and the Adrian Belew Power Trio. Both at an intimate 400 seat venue.

·
Registered
806 Posts
The last big one I went to (besides local band/artists) was in August of 2018. Jeff Lynne's ELO at Madison Square Garden. It was in the top 5 of greatest concerts I've ever been to. The sound was excellent, the arrangements of strings was just fantastic. It was everything I thought an ELO concert should be. The ONLY bad thing was the time. It was so short. I'm not sure he even went longer than 1-1/2 hours.

My friend who was with me said he saw them there at MSG 40 years prior which was the last time Jeff Lynne performed therewith ELO. When I asked how that concert was, he said, "Terrible." He said the concert we just saw, was what that, 40 years ago, should have been.

After being in the music business for 15 years, traveling all over and being to umpteen concerts, it has to be someone or some group I had never seen before that I really want to see. Such as Mark Knopfler. The last time he showed up in NYC area, tickets were about $240 for nose bleed seats. I refuse to give my money to gougers. My only regret was never seeing Prince (of whom I am a HUGE fan). My brother had tickets sometime around 2012 or so. I was very busy, but I could have moved things around to go, but I thought, "I'll wait until he comes around again." We all know how that went.

V

81 - 84 of 84 Posts