Visions from the Walled Garden of William Blake
John Zorn
The Gnostic Trio
Carol Emanuel - harp
Bill Frisell - guitar
Kenny Wollesen - vibraphone, bells
with Ikue Mori - electronics

Tzadik
I managed to find a download of this and I am listening to it as I write. Delightful. Thank you for the pointer.

Reactions: pmsummer

·
Registered
15,439 Posts

King Crimson: Audio Diary 2014-2018 5 CD

Picked this up at my local record shop. I'm into disc two now and loving this set. All live recordings from cities around the world.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Wednesday Evening 10-Song Playlist, Part 1 of 2

Steve Earle – Guitar Town (1986)

David Gilmour – Smile (2006)
David Gilmour – A Boat Lies Waiting (live, 2015)
David Gilmour – 5 A.M. (2015)

Eric Weissberg and Steve Mandell – Dueling Banjos (1972)

Chicago – Movin’ In (1970)
Chicago – Something In This City Changes People (1973)
Chicago – Saturday In the Park (1972)
Andy Williams – The Bells of St. Mary’s (1965)
Alex North – Title Theme, 2001: A Space Odyssey (1968)

This was the second single released from the album of the same name, which reached # 1 on the US Country Chart. The song reached # 7 on the US Hot Country Singles and Tracks chart, and was nominated for a Grammy for Best Country Song in 1987.

From Gilmour’s 2006 album On An Island. Smile reached # 72 on the UK Singles Chart. The album reached # 1 on the UK Albums chart, and # 3 on the US Top Rock Albums chart.

A live version of a track from Gilmour’s 2015 album Rattle That Lock, with David Crosby and Graham Nash reprising their harmony vocals from the studio version. A vocal sample from former Pink Floyd band mate Rick Wright, who passed away in 2008, is also used.

The opening instrumental track from Rattle That Lock.

Originally written in 1954 by Arthur Smith under the title Feudin’ Banjos, it gained popularity for its appearance in the film Deliverance. Ironically, the filmmakers neglected to get permission to use the song, and lost a lawsuit filed by Smith. Even more ironically, the song was nominated for a Golden Globe in the Best Original Song category.

It went to # 2 for four weeks on the Billboard Top 200, and reached # 1 on both the Cashbox and Record World pop charts. It also went to No. 5 on the Hot Country Singles chart at the same time it was on the Hot 100 and Adult Contemporary Singles charts.

·
Registered
2,921 Posts
Wednesday Evening 10-Song Playlist, Part 2 of 2

Chicago – Movin’ In (1970)

Chicago –
Movin’ In (1970)

Terry Kath sings lead vocals on this song written by band trombonist James Pankow, the opening track from Chicago II.

From Chicago VI, written by keyboardist Robert Lamm. Unusual in that the co-lead vocals include Lamm, Kath, Peter Cetera, and trumpeter Lee Loughnane.

From Chicago V, which went to # 1 on the US Billboard 200, while this single from the album reached # 3 on the Billboard Hot 100.

I was a big fan of Andy Williams when I was a kid. Always tuned in to his variety show, which ran from 1962 to 1971 on NBC.

The song was written in 1917, and was revived for the 1945 film of the same name, which starred Bing Crosby and Ingrid Bergman.

Film director Stanley Kubrick had commissioned North to create a score for the film, based on the temporary tracks being used, but Kubrick chose to abandon North's music in favor of the now-familiar classical pieces he had earlier chosen as temporary music for the film during post-production.

Legend has it that North only discovered his score had been discarded when attending the premiere.

This is part of that original score. You can hear the deliberate ripples of Strauss’ Also Sprach Zarasthustra in North’s score

·
Premium Member
11,240 Posts
Why does Fripp continue to indulge that cheesy soft-focus artwork by whatshername?

Anyway, for me tonight it was Led Zeppelin's Presence album from 1976.
Possibly their most overlooked album but the artwork was just as suspect.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
"I said I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it
I know it's only rock 'n roll but I like it, like it, yes, I do
Oh, well, I like it, I like it, I like it
I said can't you see that this old boy has been a lonely?"

26061 - 26080 of 26311 Posts