Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I had a look for a thread on the procession music played at the The State Funeral of Her Majesty the Queen, Queen Elizabeth II but couldn't find one.
Does anyone know the music played during the processions in that London and Windsor for The State Funeral.
I recall the presenter mentioning Mendelssohn and Chopin among others but I watched at the cinema (no television or loicence) and didn't have a pen and paper.
(not the abbey or chapel services)

Many thanks.

·
Registered
Brahms, Schumann
17,545 Posts
I distinctly remember Beethoven`s Funeral March from his 12th Piano Sonata played during the procession towards Windsor Castle but other than that I can only confirm Chopin`s Funeral March.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The one I was unable to identify in particular was Funeral March No.1 - Johann Heinrichh Walch. It was played in the procession of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's funeral too.
I'm afraid to say I'd never head of Walch.

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
The one I was unable to identify in particular was Funeral March No.1 - Johann Heinrichh Walch. It was played in the procession of His Royal Highness Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's funeral too.
I'm afraid to say I'd never head of Walch.
I had never heard of Walch either. That piece is referred to as "Beethoven's Funeral March No.1", as it was once believed to have been composed by.....errr.... Beethoven. Yeah.....WoO Anh.13 apparently.

I am struggling to get the bloody thing out of my head, even five days later!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts