Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
We are now geezers. 2017 was probably my last truly active stretch of posting on TC with occasional small bouts here and there.
Whippersnapperdom is far behind us! But it's good to find a familiar face here amongst all the new (to me) guys on this part of the forum.

Did you ever do more stuff in the vein of the Meditations you posted a couple of years back on Soundcloud? I found the first one especially compelling.

·
Registered
6,650 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Whippersnapperdom is far behind us! But it's good to find a familiar face here amongst all the new (to me) guys on this part of the forum.

Did you ever do more stuff in the vein of the Meditations you posted a couple of years back on Soundcloud? I found the first one especially compelling.
I'm glad you liked those. I wish I could easily write them down. I theoretically could, but it seems like such a headache computing all the rhythms and counts. I wrote one more similarly slow and meditative piece in the summer of 2020, that was a bit shorter winded. That first one was extremely dark(as was the 2nd), or felt so when I was making it and it honestly was making me a bit crazy or I was crazy and was making it, not sure which. Maybe I would feel differently if I relearned the notes and reinterpreted it. As silly as this sounds it had an emotional cost...

·
Registered
2,815 Posts
I'm glad you liked those. I wish I could easily write them down. I theoretically could, but it seems like such a headache computing all the rhythms and counts. I wrote one more similarly slow and meditative piece in the summer of 2020, that was a bit shorter winded. That first one was extremely dark(as was the 2nd), or felt so when I was making it and it honestly was making me a bit crazy or I was crazy and was making it, not sure which. Maybe I would feel differently if I relearned the notes and reinterpreted it. As silly as this sounds it had an emotional cost...
Well, perhaps it's best not to give yourself a nervous breakdown, but if you can survive I really think that music is worth it!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts