Classical Music Forum banner
81 - 100 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
32,462 Posts
I have subscribed to a number of threads and then never went back. I guess you have to look up subscribed threads to list them out. Instead, I usually look for the green dot of threads I have posted in, then may access half of those, the others I have tired of. I will also look for new threads of possible interest. I pretty much gave up the game threads because I don't know enough music to play most of them and don't have much time to spend in the games anyway.
That is also a good option. Did you see by the way that someone has the new Fidelio, sorry forgot the members name.

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
That is also a good option. Did you see by the way that someone has the new Fidelio, sorry forgot the members name.
I have seen where someone will post in a thread just to get a green dot to come back to.

I saw the post with the new Fidelio and they had spun it many times in just two weeks. I maybe need that Fidelio too.

Reactions: arpeggio

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
I have Google's search a site function. Just yesterday, I became a bit curious about American composer Howard Hanson so I searched for "howard hanson site:talkclassical.com" and got some information on this relatively obscure composer.

So I can use Google to search for threads on here containing important info and see what's new on the site itself.
I've seen this fun fact mentioned previously; searching the site using Google is evidently more useful than using the vblog search embedded in the site software.

·
Registered
Mahler
3,907 Posts
I have subscribed to a number of threads and then never went back. I guess you have to look up subscribed threads to list them out. Instead, I usually look for the green dot of threads I have posted in, then may access half of those, the others I have tired of. I will also look for new threads of possible interest. I pretty much gave up the game threads because I don't know enough music to play most of them and don't have much time to spend in the games anyway.
This is exactly what I do :tiphat:

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
Nonsense! Keep going! It seems like lately there has been a thread about Mozart and Beethoven posted every other minute. Ridiculous.
People who joined the forum recently (eg. EvaBaron, Wolfgangus) are doing it actively, apparently.

What is your favourite recording of Beethoven 2nd symphony? (EvaBaron / Jan-05-2022, 20:07)
Favorite recordings of Beethoven's 8th symphony? (EvaBaron / Jan-10-2022, 00:54)

·
Registered
305 Posts
People who joined the forum recently (eg. EvaBaron, Wolfgangus) are doing it actively, apparently.

What is your favourite recording of Beethoven 2nd symphony? (EvaBaron / Jan-05-2022, 20:07)
Favorite recordings of Beethoven's 8th symphony? (EvaBaron / Jan-10-2022, 00:54)
That's because there isn't a single thread specifically about Beethoven's second symphony so i started it. I admit there is a thread somewhere about the 8th but after like 25 comments it derailed into another topic like so many threads do. Also i just want to get recommendations from people who know more about recordings that's all

·
Registered
828 Posts
I have a creative solution: have other people contribute to whatever thread they want. You can answer to a point in another, more suitable thread! For example if someone creates yet another Beethoven thread, why not answer the question/point in an older thread if it suits you better?

This could also help new members in using the (not so good) searching tool by pointing out the older threads on the same matters.

Moderators could also combine threads if it is agreed upon and even if it isn’t.

·
Registered
6,605 Posts
A new thread started about Brahms 2……Too many threads.
It's also baffling why there are so many subforums like "orchestral", "solo/chamber", when there's no real rule what threads can be in those subforums vs. what can be in the general discussion forum. It seems a bit like the subforums are just there cause they're nice to have. We might as well just merge them to the general discussion forum.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
Why was this moved by a moderator. It had close to 100 comments which are a lot more than most new threads in the General Music discussion. This thread was sent to the Siberia of TC.

·
Registered
32,462 Posts
Huilunsoittaja is somewhere also on a list, did she stopped?

·
Registered
670 Posts
I think this thread was moved away from "Classical Music Discussion" because there are too many threads in said sub-forum. Threads like this made me actually think so because it does not belong there.

Why isn't it more popular to use less popular sub-forums? There are less users but this also means that threads stay longer on the first page.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts
At the end of the day the forum is what it is. If one doesn’t like the layout then one can try another forum that is more to one’s taste! ;)

Personally my only gripe is the search function. It would be nice if the search gave you the ability to look for your subject only in thread titles and not every post. E.g. if I search for Mahler you get every post in every thread that makes mention of Mahler. If you could search threads it would be much more useful.

·
Registered
2,943 Posts
It was just moved very recently. Like in the last couple of hours. My gut feeling is that it will be the death knell of the "stereo equipment" thread.

How many people look at the "Hi-Fi" sub forum on a regular basis.

Why do we have a "orchestral music". "Chamber music" sub forums.

I don't know the answer.

My gut feeling is that these sub forums need to be significantly consolidated.

My most sincere admiration to the moderators etc organizing Talkclassical.com
Moving threads to different forums doesn't affect me at all, as I rarely search the site by forums.

I almost always go directly to "New Posts".

81 - 100 of 111 Posts