Classical Music Forum banner
101 - 111 of 111 Posts

·
Registered
15,739 Posts
I think this thread was moved away from "Classical Music Discussion" because there are too many threads in said sub-forum. .
That is a very good reason for why this thread was moved, especially considering the topic of this thread! :lol:

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
At the end of the day the forum is what it is. If one doesn't like the layout then one can try another forum that is more to one's taste! ;)

Personally my only gripe is the search function. It would be nice if the search gave you the ability to look for your subject only in thread titles and not every post. E.g. if I search for Mahler you get every post in every thread that makes mention of Mahler. If you could search threads it would be much more useful.
The search function of vBulletin is archaic at best. The developers at vBulletin seem not interested to make the internal search function anywhere close to user friendly. Even in the newer version 5, it is horrid.

Google can be your best friend for searches. Enter talkclassical:[subject or topic] and press enter ... that is what I do for many sites that I frequent.

·
Registered
12,031 Posts
The search function of vBulletin is archaic at best. The developers at vBulletin seem not interested to make the internal search function anywhere close to user friendly. Even in the newer version 5, it is horrid.

Google can be your best friend for searches. Enter talkclassical:[subject or topic] and press enter ... that is what I do for many sites that I frequent.
I prefer to use "search terms site:talkclassical.com" since it seems to produce better results.

·
Registered
5,615 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
I have a feeling there are too many threads but its reasonable to think its because lock-downs and the whole madness of ppls loneliness...

·
Administrator
5,088 Posts
Too many threads? Only shows our popularity is not waning. And you might be right about more peeps staying home, working from home and taking university courses at home.

It is not our practice to delete inactive threads ... They are kept for an indefinite time ... still lots of room for more.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
Just a thought: It would be helpful to be able to report dead links from YouTube et.al. for the purpose of permanent deletion. Once again, just a thought. :)

·
Super Moderator
30,562 Posts
Just a thought: It would be helpful to be able to report dead links from YouTube et.al. for the purpose of permanent deletion. Once again, just a thought. :)
Sorry, not happening: there far too many of these for the moderator team to follow up.

I did advocate (as member, not as mod) that people should post at least the main contents of the YouTube links, so when they go black, we still know what they wanted to share.

·
Premium Member
329 Posts
I'm not at all surprised from your response, I know that takes a lot of effort. I also respect your desire to allow the sharing of the thought regardless of whether or not the link is no longer active.

That all makes sense to me, but there are some posts that have no other information as to what was being shared, no text nor description let alone a message header. They are just dead space. Just sayin' :)

101 - 111 of 111 Posts