Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Super Moderator
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I saw this one on another board.

Anyone who wants to play can take part. One member posts two truths and one lie about him/herself. Others can guess which is the lie (you can add your reasoning). After about ten players have guessed, the member posting the two truths and one lie will reveal the lie, and will pick (at random) the next player from those who gave the right answer. That player is up next to post two truths and one lie, etc.

My two truths and one lie:

1. I have never beaten chess grandmasters in chess games.
2. I have never met family from my father's side.
3. I have over 300 Mahler CD's (physical and/or downloads).

·
Registered
474 Posts

Anyone who wants to play can take part. One member posts two truths and one lie about him/herself. Others can guess which is the lie (you can add your reasoning). After about ten players have guessed, the member posting the two truths and one lie will reveal the lie, and will pick (at random) the next player from those who gave the right answer. That player is up next to post two truths and one lie, etc.

1. Lie
2. Truth
3. Truth

·
Registered
66 Posts

Truth
Truth
Lie

1. I'm ranked top 100 in a popular E-Sport called Dota 2.

2. I live in a penthouse condo.

3. My favorite cheese is Gouda.

·
Registered
226 Posts

Truth
Lie
Truth

·
Super Moderator
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
To repeat:

After about ten players have guessed, the member posting the two truths and one lie will reveal the lie, and will pick (at random) the next player from those who gave the right answer. That player is up next to post two truths and one lie, etc.

·
Super Moderator
31,736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
It's been seven hours and we had four reactions. Time to finish the first challenge.

To recap, these were my three statements:

The lie is...................... number one. I did beat two chess grandmasters in chess games (albeit in simultaneous exhibitions).

Only @EvaBaron was right - and gets to pose the next statements (two true, one false).

·
Registered
474 Posts
It’s been 16 hours and there’s been 5 replies. Time to reveal the truth
Statement 1: true, her violin teacher was also Herman Krebbers
Statement 2: true, I just don’t really like it
Statement 3: false, I have only ever forgot my violin for a lesson a few years ago but luckily never at an airport.

So @Art Rock and @Merl were right, and since art started the game I give this one to you Merl

·
Premium Member
7,418 Posts
OK... Here goes

1. I nearly got into a fight with Mick Hucknall of Simply Red.
2. I won £10,000 on a UK game show.
3. I was in the same primary school class as Mark Berry, better known as Bez, from the Manchester band, The Happy Mondays.

:unsure:😳

1 - 20 of 217 Posts