Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,509 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Today I got an email showing various Talk Classical posts from something called Threadloom. My settings do not allow any emails. Can an admin explain this?

·
Premium Member
1,272 Posts
Same here - It was in the "Junk" folder - appropriate considering that none of my posts were featured on the newsletter "Best Posts of the Week" especially since I've written a couple of right corkers...

But if you scroll down to the bottom, right underneath the sentence -

"You are receiving this email because you either registered as a member for talkclassical.com or signed up for updates."

are the words "Unsubscribe" and "Feedback" - Click on "Unsubscribe" and you'll receive a confirmation -

Opt Out Successful!
You'll no longer receive the following type of
email communication from this sender.

It may work, it may not - It might be as effective as asking telemarketers to please stop calling...

·
Premium Member
11,108 Posts
I got this too - to be on the safe side I flagged it as spam and deleted it immediately.

·
Administrator
5,051 Posts
If you notice at the very bottom is the option to "unsubscribe".

Seems that "Threadloom", a recent acquisition by VerticalScope, searches sites for what it thinks is the forum's best content.

Talk Classical is now a commercial venture ... no longer privately owned.

What I find interesting these days is that we seem to have to "opt out" of emailngs we never "opted in" for in the first place. Should be the other way around, imho. :oops:

·
Registered
4,714 Posts
As the owner of a company in the IT sector I am constantly surprised at how many companies either do not understand the ill-will caused by doing an automatic opt-in, or perhaps they just don't care, neither of which are recommendable traits. While most people will not pay much attention and ignore them, many of those you most want to attract will be annoyed, and the more often it happens, the less chance of connecting. There are better ways of doing it. </rant>

·
Administrator
163 Posts
As the owner of a company in the IT sector I am constantly surprised at how many companies either do not understand the ill-will caused by doing an automatic opt-in, or perhaps they just don't care, neither of which are recommendable traits. While most people will not pay much attention and ignore them, many of those you most want to attract will be annoyed, and the more often it happens, the less chance of connecting. There are better ways of doing it. </rant>
It's within your account settings.
Sky Font Magenta Electric blue Darkness

- Cricket

·
Registered
2,711 Posts
I forwarded a copy of mine to you via email. Don't want to let you feel left out ... :sneaky:
I got mine Saturday morning. It went straight into the Junk/Spam folder, and I'd have never seen it if I hadn't specifically gone searching for it.

Gawd I get so much fudging junk email. I swear - two dozen Junk emails every day, in addition to another dozen "unfocused" emails, plus a few legit ones. It's overwhelming. I have well over 37,000 unread emails.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts