Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
You’re all missing the point. Our worthy constituent, Hammeredklavier, is pushing his agenda again on Michael Haydn. See the second sentence and the last sentence in Paragraph 1.

Nice move! ;)

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Nothing at all. Btw I missed sentence 3 in Para. 2.I don’t think Hammered is really interested in Beethoven’s religious beliefs so much as to what extent he was influenced by Michael Haydn when writing his religiously motivated works like the Missa.

Reactions: hammeredklavier

·
Registered
5,690 Posts
Because Gregorian modes were fundamental in Beethoven's religious expressions, and Michael Haydn was one his models? What other thread is there about Michael Haydn's church music on this forum? Show me if there's any.

So every post that talks about, for example, Beethoven symphonies regardless of the thread topic it belongs in, is a "strategy to promote them"?
Why not start a thread about Michael Haydn's church music then it doesn't need to be shoehorned into a Beethoven thread or any other thread for that matter!:tiphat:

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.