Classical Music Forum banner
141 - 160 of 164 Posts

·
Registered
2,178 Posts
There is something even now when opening, like a glimpse of the previous state...

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
Slow access from Finland. Must be server side issue,because of limited reply functionality. Maybe running out of disk space?
Apparently it was a server side issue ... The hosting service must have found the problem and corrected it.
The server is dedicated to the two forums (TC & MIMF) and Frederik's website. If memory serves me correctly I think we have a 1.0 Tb SSD in the server ... we won't run out of space for like 20 years or so!

The website is working well for me this morning.

Krummhorn, thanks for your assistance. Can you tell us what the problem was and how it was fixed?
I'm only the messenger here ... Frederik Magle was able to get hold of the hosting service as the problem was theirs and not our server. I do not know what the hosting service did to make things better.

/\ Isn't that a normal amount to have on the site though?

In regards to the Server Load Averages, yes, quite good. Anything below 4.0 is quite acceptable and well within normal tolerance levels for those figures.

Glad it's working again! It was getting quiet in here.
Quiet? In TC? There's never a dull moment on this site ... :rolleyes:

Good news, for me, it looks like things are back to normal this morning. Thanks to the administrators on working to get the site working for all of us again.
Thanks solely go to Frederik Magle, the site owner. I am only the messenger ... things break, I notify him.

But, yes, great to have the speed back to par.

·
Registered
3,593 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Thankfully all back to normal here so I can bring my bat and ball back out to playand stop sulking. Obviously my advice about turning it off and back on worked. :lol:

·
Registered
6,715 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss was about :p

Remember when you could start downloading a picture, prepare then cook a casserole and get back just in time for it to complete loading.
We should be thankful we are where we are now, getting agitated at a few seconds longer than normal wait is common to us all I suspect, although I do appreciate this recent problem was NOT by all reports in the magnitude of a few seconds.

I say enjoy what we have.

·
Premium Member
7,369 Posts
Don't know what all the fuss was about :p

Remember when you could start downloading a picture, prepare then cook a casserole and get back just in time for it to complete loading.
We should be thankful we are where we are now, getting agitated at a few seconds longer than normal wait is common to us all I suspect, although I do appreciate this recent problem was NOT by all reports in the magnitude of a few seconds.

I say enjoy what we have.
Stop being so bloody sensible, Malx. If I wanna take my bat and ball in because the website's taking too long to load then I should have that right without very level-headed people like you p*ssing on my bonfire with your astute observations. Right I'm off to send nasty emails to Amazon because my vouchers haven't arrived in the one day I've given them to turn up in.

·
Premium Member
2,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #156 ·
I can't tell you how many times this has happened:

Friend or employee: My computer is running really slowly and keeps freezing up.
Me: Let's try a reboot.
Me (one minute later): There. It's working well now.
Friend or employee: Wow Rocky, you're a computer genius!

·
Administrator
5,107 Posts
I've never been able to see avatar images on this computer . Oh , well .
I checked your profile settings and you have viewing avatars checked, so it should work. Try dumping your browser cache ...

If users leave the site by clicking on the red X, instead of logging off properly, cookies that TC loads onto your system will not be deleted and that also messes up things on the next time one logs in.

We remind all users to log off by clicking on "Log Out" and answering the next question with a "Yes". This assures that any cookies that were downloaded are deleted for this site.

141 - 160 of 164 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.