Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Site owner emeritus
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings all from a internet cafe in Israel,

700 posts! before i even signed in for the first time here since i created this forum.

This forum is for all of you, players, teachers, listeners, enthusiasts, amateurs so on and on. I hope you find it a useful and entertaining place.

All the technical modifications and further features added to the forum will be done by myself.

Daniel is taking care of all matters at the moment as i'm busy away from my home in London. As soon as i get back to the uk in about a week, i will be sure to go through all your suggestions.

If you have anything you want to say or talk about, please PM me.

Also we still need moderators who will be dedicated to posting and looking after the forum.

Any ideas for a Solomusic.net Logo?

James

·
Registered
279 Posts
You're in Israel?! Is that where you're learning violin?! That's amazing! I wish I could be you right now. :D How is it?

Maybe for the logo you could make a note wth a wavy "flag" with "SM" on it. Or you could make the "olo" in "solo" the note in music (I'm not sure what to call it) that means to play two of the same notes in the same octave at the same time. You know what I mean? (e.g. 4th finger on the D string and open A at the same time). Is there a special name for that? I don't think it is a chord, since they are the same note... ;)

·
Site owner emeritus
61 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Israel is great stuff, but i miss my home at the moment.

I had a lesson and masterclass with shlomo mintz, he's a real maestro. Also played Dvorak concerto with orchestra, great experience.

Ida Haendel is coming end of this week :D

Rhad perhaps you can make a logo and send it to me? this description is hard to follow. :lol:

·
Registered
279 Posts
Originally posted by max@Aug 2 2004, 08:02 PM
Wow James, Shlomo Mintz! AWESOME!!

I think he means he wants the olo to look like a unison....
[snapback]1087[/snapback]​
Yeah, Max's right. Shlomo Mintz. Oh my god. :blink: Did you get to talk to him, or are you just auditing the class? I love his 24 Paganini Caprices. He is awesome! :rolleyes: Jeez, what did you have to do to get in the class? Are you a master violinist or something?

·
Banned
283 Posts
:O amazing.

·
Banned
283 Posts

·
Registered
991 Posts
Strange. So there were 700 posts before the forum was created. Must be one of the mysteries of the internet. :confused:
Any ideas for a Solomusic.net Logo?
It seems that TC used to be solomusic.net? :confused: Who knew.

I don't think James was saying there were 700 posts before the forum was created. Rather, he started it and 700 posts had been made before he visited it again. That seems kind of odd, but whatever. :lol: 700 posts probably means new threads and replies.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.