Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
It varies. I listen to nothing but classical for weeks at a time and go weeks without listening to it in favor of other music (usually electronic, including hip-hop, sometimes current pop, sometimes boomer hits). I have changes in mood but they're longer-scale ones, though I sometimes do have times where I listen to a bit of everything.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Starthrower is correct. Life is VERY different from what is on TV. The vast vast vast vast vast majority of people (of ALL races) go about their days and nights without any fear of getting shot. There is NOT a war against black people here in America. And to spell it "AmeriKKKa" is wholly innacurate, ignorant, and insulting.
I mainly associate it with online Maoists from like, the 90s/early 00s. The kind with weird, Geocities-quality web pages filled with reams of manifestos (manifesti?). I always preferred "United $nakes", which is amusingly evocative.

As someone who lives in a city, it's amazing how many people think I must fear for my life every day, or that the city has burned down. I don't (my friends in Portland get even more amusement about national news stories about the supposed hellscape they live in). Local news is bad about this too- as they say, "if it bleeds, it leads"

1 - 2 of 2 Posts