Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 77 Posts

· Registered
202 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I wouldn't call myself a fan or follower of it but I find a couple of songs I like now and then.

· Registered
6,433 Posts
I wouldn't call myself a fan or follower of it but I find a couple of songs I like now and then.
To expose myself to rap or hip hop would require me to "find" songs that I would occasionally care for (radio, youtube, etc.); however, I don't. Since my interests lie elsewhere, I spend my time looking for music that is more up my alley. Nothing intrinsically wrong with rap or hip hop, and I'm sure there are good songs out there, but it's just not my cup of tea.

· Banned
4,098 Posts
My interest is not so involved these days, but I always liked original hip-hop music from the early-to-mid '80s and some from the later 80s and early '90s like Ice-T and especially KRS One. Positive social and political consciousness has not entirely disappeared from hip-hop culture.

· Banned
4,098 Posts
Also there is mumble rap which is proof of what i talking about.
I just searched for "mumble rap" and ended up at Wikipedia... It's a strange article. It's 90% about it being a pejorative term and a discussion involving the views of people with bizarre names like: 'Lil Yachty', 'Wiz Khalifa' and 'Playboi Carti'.

More interesting is in the list under the 'See Also' section, the article author(s) added Asemic writing. It's the sort of thing that would start a revolution here at TC were a thread to be started about it.

1 - 20 of 77 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.