Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 140 Posts

· Registered
862 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thought I'd start a continuing thread, like "What book are you reading now?" I'll let everyone decide for himself when a piece crosses the threshold from just something you're humming to true earworm status (for me it's days to more then a week).

I've been raising seedlings in my sunroom. In this part of the Northeast, you can't put them in the ground for another 2 or 3 weeks. So I started humming "Hurry, it's lovely up here" from "On a Clear Day You Can See Forever" (the original cast version, not the truncated overproduced Barbra Streisand movie version). It's infectiously cute and has really clever lyrics by Alan J. Lerner, but now I can't get it out of my head!

· Registered
9,759 Posts
Murail is on my mental rail.

· Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner, Brahms, Schumann
14,586 Posts
An obscure Jethro Tull song whose title I use as a password to log into another site unrelated to this one. :/
Obscure, but great I'm sure!! :tiphat: :)

· Registered
1,523 Posts
As of this moment it's the third movement from Mozart's 13th piano sonata in b flat major, before that it was Tchaikovsky's Symphony No. 1 "Winter Daydreams." The tunes are dancing in my head, such a wonderful feeling! :tiphat:

· Registered
952 Posts
I've had Tchaikovsky's Nutcracker Suite, Op. 71A - 4. Russian Dance (Trépak) on a constant loop for the last hour or so and it is driving me banana rama! This is an especially annoying motif to have stuck in your ear for more than a minute. And what's worse, I keep picturing images of those animated wild flowers dressed like Russian dancers bouncing up and down in unison as in Disney's Fantasia. Oy!

1 - 20 of 140 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.