Classical Music Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, I need help to recognize this piano piece that appears in the 1940 film Gaslight, I am almost sure that it is Liszt but I cannot distinguish which of his pieces it is, could you help me?

I'm new to the forum, so I don't know how this works, but I think that if I just put the link with the minute it appears they will be able to go check it out.

Thanks in advance.

The link:

·
Registered
32,450 Posts
Hello everyone, I need help to recognize this piano piece that appears in the 1940 film Gaslight, I am almost sure that it is Liszt but I cannot distinguish which of his pieces it is, could you help me?

I'm new to the forum, so I don't know how this works, but I think that if I just put the link with the minute it appears they will be able to go check it out.

Thanks in advance.

The link:

The makers name from the music : Bronisław Kaper

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
No no, that's the composer of the 1944 film, i am talking about the 1940 movie with Anton Walbrook and Diana Wynyard. In that case you will say that it is Richard Addinsell, who is the composer of the soundtrack, but I am almost sure that it's not him. Thanks all the same

·
Super Moderator
30,549 Posts
According to IMDB the soundtrack contains:

The Can-Can
(uncredited)
from "Orpheus in the Underworld"
Music by Jacques Offenbach
Arranged by Richard Addinsell
Played at the music hall and danced to by The Darmora Ballet

The Boy I Love Is Up in the Gallery
(uncredited)
Written by George Ware
Played at the music hall and sung by an unidentified woman
Waltz
(uncredited)
Music by Joseph Lanner
Arranged by Richard Addinsell

It's Very Aggravating
(uncredited)
Written by J. Williams and G.W. Hunt

·
Registered
Sibelius, Beethoven, Satie, Debussy
1,696 Posts
No no, that's the composer of the 1944 film, i am talking about the 1940 movie with Anton Walbrook and Diana Wynyard. In that case you will say that it is Richard Addinsell, who is the composer of the soundtrack, but I am almost sure that it's not him. Thanks all the same
I notice that all the classical pieces in both the 1940 and 1944 versions were 'uncredited' according to their listings in IMDB, so you will need someone familiar with the piece to confirm it's Liszt. Sorry, I can't help.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
YES, THANKS A LOT!!!. I already imagined that it must be one of the pieces by Annees, or also some of his Harmonies poetiques et religiouses. What a beatiful piece.

Greetings and again thank you very much, you did me a favor

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.