Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Okay, this has been eating at me for literally ten years this July...I went back to Peru about ten years ago (I'm from there) and I spent a lot of time watching Cartoon Network in Spanish...and there was this one promotional commercial for that show "Cardcaptors" that played quite a bit on there. This is the original commercial:

And I desperately wanna know, having wondered for the past ten years, what the song that plays during that little commercial is called. I can't even begin to wonder who the composer might even be, but my hunch is Danny Elfman (a bit of that song sounds like something from "Batman" or something along those lines).

If you do know, I would greatly appreciate you telling me.

Registered
How do you find the title?
Find out who owns the product now (assuming its still ont he market). Contact them and find out if they acquired it from another business since you first saw the ad. So you'll know who owned the product when you saw the ad.
Contact that company and talk to its marketing department. See if they have any records of who developed the ad. They may only know who their suppliers were at the time, or around that time. Of course, they may choose not to tell you but assuming they do, contact each of the suppliers they name (assuming they are still trading) and see if they have any records of the artists who made their ads at the time (they might not know of course). They may or may not be able to link specific people to your ad, so you may be faced with doing quite a bit of research.
Of course, video production companies are highly volatile so its unlikely that 'yours' will still be trading, so you may well need to do a lot of sleuthing. It's probably worth contacting trade orgaisations both for the type of company that owns the product being advertised as well as video production companies and advertising agencies.
If the product is not still onthe market (which seems likely) then you have little choice but to become an expert on advertising agencies and video production companies that were active in the territories the product was advertised in ten years ago.

Or you can let go of your need to find the answer. (If you're religious, you might like to place your faith in your deity that he/she/it will take pity on you and supply the answer.)

Registered
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes...please don't take it personally, but none of those solutions actually were helpful: this is a commercial from ten years ago and from another country to boot! Writing letters and making overseas calls....heck, why bother going through so long a wait when for answers?

At any rate, this station has been known to use soundtrack music in their productions before, and I certainly recognise Elfman's distinctive style in the song. I don't see the need to disturb an overseas branch of a company over something like this, so perhaps there is another forum dedicated to soundtrack music here...or elsewhere, even. I certainly prefer this forum site over other places to find answers about music because the response rate it unbelievable, compared to Yahoo! answers where a fellow might post a question and not a soul ever answers a thing about it.

And I don't wanna let go of my need to know just yet...the track is *that* good, see...and yeah, I'm a believer, but I think the Big Guy's got a lot on His plate to deal with me and my unknown song.

So....I haven't quite checked in some time; are there any posters 'round here that know about soundtrack music?

Registered
This reminds me of the soundtrack to Batman the animated series. The series was scored by Shirley Walker, and there were some limited edition copies of the series soundtrack. I know it's not from "Mask of the Phantasm" (same composer). Hope this helps!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Update!

As of July 13, 2013, I now know the title of this song. It is called "Dracula", and it is performed by the Hollywood Film Music Orchestra. Sadly, I know not who the composer is, but I at least know the title, which is good.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.