Classical Music Forum banner
6161 - 6179 of 6179 Posts

·
Registered
15,527 Posts

2010 Heads Up

I've collected just about all of Esperanza's releases and this one is another very impressive work.

Reactions: ericshreiber1005

·
Registered
210 Posts
Ed Palermo: New York City Saturday Night Swing

Yes, it's that Ed Palermo of Zappa cover fame, but this is not Zappa, nor is it the Ed Palermo Big Band. The title says it all about the kind of big band music this is. Having grown up in the '50s & '60s, this is the kind of big band that I aspired to play as a drummer/percussionist. Ed told me that I shouldn't bother to listen to it, because it ain't EPBB, but it is Ed at his compositional & orchestration best. I like it a lot, but you may feel differently.

·
Registered
15,527 Posts
Reactions: Floeddie

·
Registered
2,406 Posts
Sweet Love of Mine - John Hicks (HighNote)

John Hicks (piano), Javon Jackson (tenor sax), Elise Wood (flute), Curtis Lundy (bass), Victor Jones (drums), Ray Mantilla (percussion)

·
Registered
33,147 Posts

Far East Suite

Duke Ellington & His Famous Orchestra, Jimmy Hamilton (clarinet), Jimmy Hamilton (tenor saxophone), Chuck Conners (trombone), Buster Cooper (trombone), Lawrence Brown (trombone), Johnny Hodges (alto saxophone), Russell Procope (alto saxophone), John Lamb (bass), Rufus Jones (drums), Harry Carney (baritone saxophone), Paul Gonsalves (tenor saxophone), Russell Procope (clarinet), Herbie Jones (trumpet), Mercer Ellington (trumpet), Duke Ellington (piano), William "Cat" Anderson (trumpet), Mercer Ellington (fluegelhorn), Cootie Williams (trumpet), Herbie Jones (fluegelhorn)

Ellington: Ad Lib on Nippon
Ellington: Agra
Ellington: Amad
Ellington: Blue Pepper (Far East of the Blues)
Ellington: Bluebird of Delhi (Mynah)
Ellington: Depk
Ellington: Isfahan
Ellington: Mount Harissa
Ellington: Tourist Point of View

6161 - 6179 of 6179 Posts