Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 3248 Posts

·
Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i just ordered the Kubelik Meistersinger.
cant wait to hear it?:)

·
Premium Member
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·

·
Registered
262 Posts
The Kubelik is a great recording, though in some ways I'm still partial to the Kempe.

Greindl as Sachs--that's an unusual casting that should be very rewarding to listen to. There's a 1957 Bayreuth Meistersinger (Cluytens) with none other than Neidlinger as Sachs! Also very cool. And don't forget the 1949 Munich (Jochum) with Hotter as Sachs.

·
Premium Member
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·

·
Premium Member
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Furtwangler Ring
Bohm Capriccio.

·
Registered
229 Posts
Benvenuto Cellini- Davis; Gedda, Eda-Pierre
Trittico- Pappano
La boheme- Schippers; Freni, Gedda, Sereni (I may be the only one who thinks this, but I think it's my favorite recording of Boheme)

·
Premium Member
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Sinopli's Dutchman.
cd.

·
Registered
14 Posts
I guess I'll post my first message here. Gotta start somewhere.

Disclaimer: I know VERY little about opera. I know something from the movie Amadeus and a few articles I've read, and not much more. So, anything I say should not be held against me (I'm merely a baby in this endeavor.)

Anyhow, I decided to purchase two DVDs to see if Opera is for me. I especially love pretty young ladies singing soprano. (I hope to attach a sampling of what I like from YouTube if I do it correctly.)

The two DVDs I purchased:
1. Verdi - Il Trovatore
2. Puccini - La Boheme

I've only seen the DVD by Verdi. I liked it, but did not love it. The main reason I did not love it, don't hate me for saying this, is because Leonora was not hot enough to make me REALLY interested (said while ducking). But, you know what? My wife said the same thing. Go figure!

Anyhow, I'm hoping Puccini is better. When and if I buy another opera DVDs, I'm going to make sure I like the diva first. In fact, I should have purchased a Mozart Opera first since I like Mozart so much. Duh! I welcome any and all responses to anything I said here. Thank you.

As promised, here is what I like to both watch and listen to:

1 - 20 of 3248 Posts