Classical Music Forum banner
3201 - 3220 of 3248 Posts

·
Registered
1,517 Posts
My most recent opera purchase is on CD: I finally purchased the Teresa Stratas/ Pierre Boulez recording of Alban Berg's opera, Lulu. It surprises me that I had never bought (or heard) this recording before on LP, and am only just now getting round to it on CD.

Before that, I'd been on a Sir Neville Marriner bent--listening to his excellent Handel & Mozart Symphony set for Philips; which led me to recently purchase Marriner's series of four Mozart Opera recordings for Philips, which were surprisingly inexpensive. I never seem to tire of listening to the playing of the Academy of St. Martin in the Fields (under Marriner or Iona Brown). Marriner hired such excellent, first rate musicians.

·
Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,206 ·

Had to have Vicky :)

·
Registered
123 Posts
There is an alternate release of this set? I never heard of "Home Bargains" for music.
It was a joke. The colour scheme of the signage of the Home Bargains shops is quite similar to the 5xCD set with both the 1869 & 1872 versions.
I pass a Home Bargains shop a few times a week which reminded me the box set has been in my shopping basket for months with an online vendor waiting for the price drop.
I can't unsee it now.
Azure Rectangle Font Aqua Electric blue

Fixture Retail Door Facade Font

·
Premium Member
Haydn, Mozart, Vivaldi, Wagner
13,600 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3,213 ·

Couldn't resist. 35 bucks at jpc.de

·
Registered
15,740 Posts

Couldn't resist. 35 bucks at jpc.de
Nice. It is normally a very expensive set. I picked it up as a download a few years ago. I would have preferred a physical set and for $35 would not have hesitated. But now that I have the download, I'll leave it at that.

It has all 10 operas and extra recordings of La Sonnambula and Norma.

3201 - 3220 of 3248 Posts