Classical Music Forum banner
1 - 20 of 1143 Posts

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
Great!
DS9 is my favorite of the lot. I think it's (by far) the most mature Star Trek series with the best cast/actors and storylines. It explores a whole range of interesting themes. And the Dominion war is epic in scope.
Some people are annoyed by captain Sisko's "overacting". I get that, but it doesn't bother me much.
Awesome episode: In The Pale Moonlight. Favorite character: Garak. He's fantastic.

My expectations for the upcoming Star Trek series "Discovery" are however very low.

·
Registered
3,243 Posts
I'm not watching anything at the moment, but I'm looking forward to season 5 of the documentary series "How The Universe Works" which starts in a few weeks.

·
Registered
3,038 Posts
I am going to join the company of those watching Star Trek pretty soon.

Reactions: tdc

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
The Avengers with John Steed and Emma Peel. Their interactions are classic, even down to their facial gestures; they didn't need to speak to let you know what they were feeling. The Emma Peel character was unique to the early '60s; she was strong, independent, unflappable, and never compromised who she was. Even in the embarrassing undercover operations, like being a part of a harum, she still dominated her surroundings. Of course the plots were silly; they were intended to be, and they pulled off each show with a sly wink to the silliness.

·
Registered
5,711 Posts
criminal minds...big bang theory... NCIS all- dinners-drive ins-dives---test kitchen-Jaques pepin-elementary-pittsburgh penguins hockey its a series.....TVG

·
Registered
4,949 Posts
Finally getting around to the Walking Dead and in spite of the gore, I'm enjoying it immensely (hey not too different from cadaver lab in university). I'm on season 3 now. *Shhh*!! no spoilers :)

·
Registered
2,115 Posts
Just finished watching two part series Dark Angel. Woman in North East UK married four times, had about thirteen children. Poisoned three of her husbands, many of her children and a boyfriend with arsenic.

·
Premium Member
16,793 Posts
Bright Lights, Brilliant Minds: A Tale of Three Cities.

I guess it's a series; it's a three-parter about Vienna in 1908, France in the late '20s, and New York in, I think, the '50s. I've only seen the first episode so far about Vienna. Schoenberg's music is prominently displayed, particularly the 2nd string quartet. There is a questionable photograph shown depicting prostitutes, so it's not for kids, but it does illustrate the psychological mess Vienna was in the early 20th Century.

G

·
Is anyone watching Mozart in the Jungle? I just got Amazon Prime, so I'm curious.
I've seen it--pretty good. Has some amusing satire of the classical music world. Gustavo Dudamel has a cameo appearance, as does Lang Lang and a few other well known musicians.

G

·
A few non-commercial network favorites include Orphan Black, Goliath, Wallender (Swedish version), The Fall, Westworld, Occupied, The Man in the High Tower, The Killing, House of Cards, Black Mirror, Luther, and Broadchurch. I'm sure there are more! For commercial network shows, I like Chicago PD, Chicago FD, Law & Order SVU, Murder in the First, Big Bang Theory, Black List, Blind Spot to name a few.

1 - 20 of 1143 Posts