Classical Music Forum banner

What voice do you have?

41 - 60 of 132 Posts

· Registered
9 Posts
I think I’m a baritone… Let me tell you about my voice training. My first voice teacher was a bass/baritone so he trained my voice to become one. When I transferred to another teacher who happens to be a tenor, he wanted my voice to sound like a tenor! So then I thought that I would become a tenor. I had a difficult time adjusting. Both of them wanted to change my voice. It was only later that I realized that my voice is actually a baritone. My voice is rather thick and I couldn’t sing the tenor range.

· Registered
6 Posts
i'm a baritone/bass :)

· Registered
5 Posts
Alas, it's been a day or three since I sang regularly, but in the day I was always happiest singing alto, filled in once or twice when the first tenors needed a hand, was never really happy above high F - and need a running start to get there these days.

· Registered
175 Posts
My voice is still changing (slowly now), but I think I'll settle into a low baritone range.
Ditto. My voice has almost settled, probably to something like a baritone, but it still occasionaly hits notes high enough to shatter glass. Our school is doing a production of Oklahoma and my music teacher seems to think I could do a principal part. I've tried singing "Oh What a Beautiful Morning", and seem to be stretching my voice whether I do it up the octave or down. :confused:

· Registered
354 Posts
I like the question: "What voice do you have?", not "What can you sing?". I was able to answer truthfully.

· Registered
27 Posts
I´m a soprano, my comfortable reach is about C3 to D6, but I can sing an intire octave below central C with chestvoice, and I can sing an E/F6 when I´m properly warmed up and in a good day. My fach would probably be lyric, but I hope to become a coleratura soprano, but I´d have to see how my voice futher develops to see if I will or not.

My singing teacher is by the way the one who jugded my fach and voice type, the soprano thing is very sure but the fach isn´t. She´s quite convinced I won´t become a dramatic soprano which I´m ok with, I don´t mind whatever fach it will be, I like all of them.

41 - 60 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.