Classical Music Forum banner
11501 - 11520 of 11530 Posts

·
Registered
5,670 Posts
Dr, Strange in the Multiverse of Madness. I rather enjoyed this.

·
Registered
3,146 Posts
Jurassic World: Dominion (2022) An entertaining movie that gives good value for money. The critics weren't too keen, and it had its shortcomings, but the action never lets up, and it still had the power to impress with certain sequences.
"The critics weren't too keen"

LOL.

The critics have been astonishingly scathing in their assessment of the film.

The funniest line, though, was an observation that a film franchise about how trying to "make things bigger and better can backfire" applies to the film franchise as well.

Here . . . this guy takes down the film without any trouble at all, and drops comedic bombshells along the way as though he's got a warehouse full of 'em. SPOILERS ALERT

THERE ARE other "take-downs" of JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION, with titles like What Went Wrong, 25 Things You Missed, Why Is It Impossible To Make Another Good Jurassic Movie, Worst Of The Franchise, Dominion Made We Wish For Extinction, and Jurassic World Dominion Is Awful

Perhaps the only one that humiliates the film as well is the guy from the Pitch Meeting series

"and then their plane crashes..."
"OMG so they die?"
"No, this is an action movie, crashing is how planes get to the ground."

·
Registered
5,426 Posts
Two days ago I saw Elvis, on my first time in a movie theatre for over two years. It was a good choice, long but I really enjoyed it. Aaron Butler is terrific in the title role of Elvis Presley and Tom Hanks is surprising but effective as Col. Tom Parker. It wouldn't be a Baz Luhrmann film without being controversial and sometimes vulgar. But having seen his Moulin Rouge, Romeo and Juliet and Strictly Ballroom (not The Great Gatsby yet) I had some idea of what to expect. It's not a usual "biopic" but a very individualistic take -- mythological, sometimes cartoonish, showing Luhrmann's extraordinary strengths in drama, dance and visuals and with excellent musical performances. The film takes Elvis and his world as being serious and authentic, something I've never been able to do, yet now I see things more clearly. Given all the differences of opinion about popular and classical music on TC I would say that it's especially pertinent for members of this discussion site.

·
Registered
890 Posts
Jurassic World: Dominion (2022) An entertaining movie that gives good value for money. The critics weren't too keen, and it had its shortcomings, but the action never lets up, and it still had the power to impress with certain sequences.
I saw it yesterday. For me it's average/below average.

There's a hungarian website similar to imdb, and these are the number of votes and the ratings:
Jurassic Park19933,9
(1494)
The Lost World: Jurassic Park
Az elveszett világ: Jurassic Park
(1042)
Jurassic Park III
Jurassic Park III.
(715)
Jurassic World20153,1
(678)
Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom
Jurassic World: Bukott birodalom
(382)
Battle at Big Rock20193,0
(27)
Jurassic World: Dominion
Jurassic World: Világuralom
(87)

1 unwatchable
2 bad
3 ok/average
4 good
5 brilliant/great

·
Registered
137 Posts
We watched that not long ago too. Did you enjoy it? We did.
]
I enjoyed it. I watched because a friend posted the 'is it safe?' scene on Facebook.
There's quite a few loose ends for me for me think about. I'm wondering if he got his item back, if the facility recovered the things, why the things were stashed in that particular city in the first place and if the baddie had a relation in the conducting game.

·
Registered
15,527 Posts
Jane Eyre (1943) starring Orson Welles and Joan Fontaine.

11501 - 11520 of 11530 Posts