Classical Music Forum banner
11521 - 11530 of 11530 Posts

·
Registered
890 Posts

Great sports movie from Oliver Stone. 2 hours 37+ minutes (DC). Al Pacino, Cameron Diaz, Dennis Quaid, James Woods, Jamie Foxx, Ann-Margret, Charlton Heston, etc. Many roles (owner, coach, coaching staff, old & young QB, other players, medical staff, media), not needlessly long.

·
Registered
Sibelius, Beethoven, Satie, Debussy
1,812 Posts
The Gray Man (2022) on Netflix

Ryan Gosling as an "asset" (we all know what that means these days) and Chris Evans his nemesis in this Bond-Bourne-derived actioner. Too much action, not enough comedy from the supporting cast while the two leads played mostly for laughs.

Too many directors opt for swooping and swerving their camera in a headlong rush to enforce "movement" into the shot. It's just dizzingly annoying instead.

·
Premium Member
7,356 Posts
I watched the largely slated Stephen King story 'Cell' starring John Cusack & Samuel L Jackson. Tbh, apart from some plot holes (caused by deviation from the original story) and an iffy script it wasn't as bad as I thought. Hardly great but better than some of the crap I've endured over the years.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Low budget, black and white thriller about a psycho threatening to blow up a rocket fuel plant. All action is at night, emphasizing the noir look. Very much "of its time" with considerable but forgivable flaws; and I liked it. On YouTube in a crisp looking print.

·
Registered
526 Posts

Brazil, 2020

Any qualities of this "Catholic" horror movie are ruined by the horrid English dubbing, The voice work is unconvincingly artificial and sorely distracting. And would anyone really ask a nun, "Do you believe in God?". The culprit may be Amazon, which is streaming the movie.

The movie, which is about five explorers lost in a cave, has its own problems including a "demon" who pops up sporadically to mug at the camera, and the explorer who midway and without explanation produces a handgun and starts firing. Some group of friends.

Not recommended.

11521 - 11530 of 11530 Posts