Classical Music Forum banner

Who should be the next conductor of the Berlin Philharmonic?

• Kirill Petrenko

Votes: 1 3.7%
  • Andris Nelsons

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Yannick Nezet-Seguin

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Gustavo Dudamel

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Semyon Bychkov

Votes: 2 7.4%
  • Ivan Fischer

Votes: 3 11.1%
  • Christian Thieleman

Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Another Candidate

Votes: 9 33.3%
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
9,759 Posts
This is not my personal opinion since I interpreted the title as "who do you think will be" instead of "who would you like to be".

From the number of invited concerts and how fast he is going up in his career, only one name comes to me: Gustavo Dudamel.

My personal wish is: Christian Thielemann. A Berliner with the Berliners.
The Berliners may not vote for Thielemann because of his anti-immigrant beliefs.

http://slippedisc.com/2015/01/christian-thielemann-we-should-listen-to-pegida-issues/

After close deliberation, I voted for Dudamel because of the fact that he recorded with the Berliners on DG and he will bring fresh blood into the orchestra as well.

Dudamel's progressive views will fit in rather well with the goals of what the Berliners are trying to achieve.

Reactions: Triplets

· Registered
9,759 Posts
It should be Ferenc Fricsay. Ain't going to be, but a should is a should.
Fricsay could conduct any orchestra and it would be pure magic.

Reactions: AClockworkOrange

· Registered
9,759 Posts
Dudamel is pure genius and people who don't like him are jealous of his charm and profound attitude towards the pieces he conducts.

· Registered
9,759 Posts
Who makes the decision?

- Bill
The orchestra members actually vote on which conductor they want. They voted for Rattle last time.

Reactions: BillT

· Registered
9,759 Posts
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.