Classical Music Forum banner

Do young people hate classical music?

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
I do not understand the obsession with "Why do so many young persons hate classical music."
Most old people hate classical music.
I play with three volunteer music groups. Most of my friends hate classical music (with the exception of the musicians that I play with). Trying to get my non-musician friends to attend concerts, even when they are free, is like trying to take candy from a baby.
At work there used to be employees trying to sell raffle tickets for their church or whatever. I would purchase the tickets. When one of groups I play with would try to raise money by selling raffle tickets, I would go to these same employees to try to sell my tickets. Even though they would not purchase the tickets the good part is that they stop harassing me about buying their tickets. They decided that they should stop trying to sell me tickets so I would not try to sell them my tickets for my dumb orchestra.
The title of the thread is a bit like tabloid.

"Why do so many young persons hate classical music"

Then proceeds to ask " Is it true young people hate classical music??? ". So the original question is not based on an actual premise.

Very poor quality.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Why don't older people learn an instrument and form an orchestra if they so love CM. They have so much time on their hands to muse on random unsubstantiated thoughts.

Do older people have a lot of time on their hands?

likewise j/k

1 - 2 of 2 Posts